PREVENT – Preventing Radicalisation and Extremism Training
‘Prevent’ is part of the Government counter-terrorism strategy CONTEST2 and aims to reduce the threat to the UK from terrorism by stopping people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism, as required by the Counter Terrorism & Security Act 2015 and the Prevent Duty Statutory Guidance.
The aim of the course is to give you an awareness of the radicalisation process, so that you can feel confident about being proactive in taking a multi-agency approach to early intervention and support.
By the end of this course you will have an understanding of:
- What radicalisation is
- Spot the signs of someone vulnerable to extremist views
- Be confident about safeguarding against extremist recruitment
- Feel confident challenging extremist views
- Understand the roles of statutory bodies within Prevent and what to expect them to do
- The aims of Prevent
- Potential risks of Prevent
- Known when it is appropriate to make referrals to Channel