Asbestos although not used anymore is all around us. Its extremely important that anyone that works around asbestos has a basic understanding to protect themselves. It’s all so extremely important that employees are put though compliance training, and employers provide an awareness.
In this course we will cover the following understanding of:
- What is asbestos?
- What are the harmful effects of Asbestos?
- Where can asbestos be found?
- How to avoid exposure to asbestos
- How asbestos can be managed
- Asbestos Regulations
By the end of this Course you will be able to:
- Recognise the properties of asbestos
- Understand the various health hazards of asbestos
- Identify types and likely locations of asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings
- Understand the controls when working with asbestos
- Understand emergency procedures
- Avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos containing materials.