From the moment a baby is born the process of biological, physical and cognitive development begins. The baby learns, grows and develops in to a healthy human being who (ordinarily) will become independent and have children of their own.
There are different views and theories about whether people are born with certain attributes or whether they become products of the environment they grow up in.
This course is going to look at child development and examine the journey that a child takes from the moment of birth until they are five years old.
The course is aimed at anyone working in an Early Years related role or anyone who may come across children as part of their day to day role.
It is also useful for parents or anyone with an interest in child development.
By the end of this course learners will understand:
- 0-18 months key milestones and developmental stages
- 18 months – 3 years key milestones and developmental stages
- 3-5 years key milestones and developmental stages
- Preparing for school
- The importance of play
- The importance of language and communication
- The development of children with illness or disabilities